Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Riley's Christmas Stocking

I decided it was time to write a new post.  I haven't been very diligent in this matter!  We went on our Australian vacation in July, which was wonderful!  I only posted almost 600 pictures in Facebook!  I now can climb to turn 10 on the Y trail in 25 1/2 minutes!  I finished Riley's Christmas stocking!

The stocking was a true labor of love.  The kit supposedly included everything "needed" except a small amount of batting.  The white felt was unacceptable, and I had to double it to make it acceptable.  The white felt was supposed to be the backing, which would have been unacceptable even if it wasn't see through.  Who gives a child a white stocking?  It would never have looked nice after the first 5 minutes of him using it. Then I ran out of some of the sequins.  The company sent more sequins, I used the backing of the stocking to double up the white pieces, I used a red and green plaid (doubled and interfaced) for the back, used fuzzy felt for the stocking topper, and used a ribbon instead of felt for the hanger.  The back and the front were sewn right sides together, then flipped and machine top-stitched.  This stocking is made to last a long, long time!




No comments:

Post a Comment