Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Friday, July 29, 2011

YW Camp!



Going up to Young Women's Camp was really fun.  I had reservations about going this year, for a couple of reasons.  One, I was attending the BYU Family History Conference, and was reluctant to miss a whole day. Two, I hate the drive home in the dark, down the canyon, with deer all over.  I would NEVER drive it alone.  Ever, ever.  But I wasn't driving, just talking, talking.  We left camp at 10:15 p.m., and we saw a record number of deer on the way down the canyon: 18.  Wow.  Thankfully, none ran out in front of us.
John and I took a hike around the rim, and I got some great pictures.  Also, just got some great pictures around camp!


This is a view from the rim, down to camp, which is on the other side of the lake.
This is the view from camp, up to the rim.
This is just a pretty view.
I joined the Stake Relief Society Presidency, and we showed off how cool we were by wearing fun glasses.
One of the girls lost her retainer.  So here's where they were searching.  (They hadn't found it by dinner.)

To see more pictures go to my facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150230684150736.312249.579340735&l=9231bb0830&type=1

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! Love the glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pics! I hope the one poor girl found her retainer. That's expensive! I would feel so guilty if I lost mine up in the mountains somewhere...

    ReplyDelete