Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Done! (for now)

I just finished cleaning up the kitchen after my 81st pint of jam.  Most of the jam was apricot-pineapple, but I made a few batches of apricot-strawberry, 2 batches of apricot-cherry, and 1 batch of plain apricot.  The strawberry and cherry versions are ones that I've never tried before, but when I found some cherry juice and some strawberry puree in the freezer, decided to give them a whirl. They were VERY good!  (Besides, I had run out of pineapple!)  Trivia: I used about 50 lbs. of sugar!

I have just a few jars left, and I'm going to save them to make a batch of grape jam when the time comes.  For now, I'm DONE!
Very left: cherry-apricot.  Middle: strawberry-apricot.  Right: apricot-pineapple.
 

2 comments: