Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Monday, August 1, 2011

More apricots....

I canned 20 more pints of apricot-pineapple jam today.  I had to go buy sugar first.  I had 20 jars left, and knew I would want about 4 dozen more, but Sam's Club didn't have jars or pectin.  So I will get those tomorrow.  Five batches is enough for one day, right?

The apricot tree suffered some damage with the storm that came through on Saturday night.  This is a major break, but it shows you how heavy the apricots were! (The break is close to the trunk, and if you follow the branch that's laying on the ground up, you'll see it behind some leaves.)  The apricots on this branch are about ready to pick, so over the next couple of days those will get used.  Busy, busy, busy week!

1 comment:

  1. You need a farmers market where you can sell your apricots and your cherries. That's a ton of apricots!!!

    ReplyDelete