Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hiking the Y

John and I try to hike the Y twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I was a little concerned Monday night, because it was supposed to rain on Tuesday.  It was nice and cloudy when we got up, but it didn't look like it was going to rain anytime soon, so we went.  It was a nice hike!  The weather is cooling down, though, so it's going to be harder to pysch myself up to going!

Wednesday night I told John I wasn't setting my alarm, because I was tired.  I was glad, because I slept an extra hour, and obviously needed it.  (I usually wake up too early.)  I was extra glad when John called me up from work and told me to look outside.  There was a quarter inch of snow on the rooftops and any dirt and the snow was coming down fast!  I was VERY glad I wasn't up walking around in it!

We've been seeing some pretty sites on our early walks, since we get up there about the same time as sunrise.  Last week I took these pictures:
Gorgeous colors, but the picture doesn't do it justice.




The sun is peaking through the canyon.



The sun is just reaching the lake.

The fall colors are now just shades of brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment