Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

French snacking

John and I were given the challenge to incorporate some French food into a gathering of friends, in honor of Bastille Day (July 14th.).  So, this morning I made mousse, the real kind, not just pudding and whipped cream!  I wanted more than just a dessert, so I googled French snack recipes and decided on Cheese Puffs.  I did exchange the Gruyere cheese for regular Swiss cheese.  At $9 (on sale) per 8 oz. block, I decided it was a bit over my budget for a little snack!  I only used about 2-3 oz. of the Swiss cheese, but neither was available in less than 8 oz. blocks.

Since I'm serving the mousse tonight I actually haven't had a whole bowlful.  Licking the spatula was pretty good though.  The cheese puffs are quite yummy, but not sure that they are worth the effort very often.


French Cheese Puffs 
Creamiest Chocolate Mousse
 

3 comments:

  1. I actually used rice flour in the cheese puffs, too, since I have a guest who does not do gluten well. I don't see how they would be better with wheat flour. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy! Want to send some my way? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but rice flour sounds expensive. The words "Gluten Free" are never cheap. It does look good though. Yum!

    ReplyDelete