Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Corrected a name in my Family History

My ggf, Francis Marion Proctor, had a child, Mollie Emma, from his first wife.  I had that Mollie's husband's name was W. Pleasant Robinson, and they had a child, Viril Pleasant Robinson.  Both Mollie and W. Pleasant died within 6 months of their son's birth.

I have looked and looked and looked for Viril Pleasant Robinson.  Today I finally found him.  His first name can be spelled several ways in the records, but in the SSDI, it was VIRREL.  The main problem I had finding him was I had his surname wrong.  It was ROBERTSON.   AAUUGGHH!

How I finally found him was when I was looking for him in Ancestry.com, under just his first name, but an exact birth date (which I had from the family records) in the WWI Draft Registration.  I was excited when I saw he was there, but didn't even realize at first that his last name was different than what I had it as.

Through an afternoon's worth of searching, I found him on 4 censuses, found his wife, 8 children, and several of his children's death records.  His death record from familysearch.org, proves he is the son of Mollie Proctor.  Listed his dad as Virrell Robertson, which is incorrect, but close.    Ancestry.com family trees have his father as William Pleasant Robertson.

Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment