Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Doubling up a necklace

I have several long necklaces.  I love the beads, but not the length.  I just prefer necklaces closer to my neck. :-)

A while back I realized that the long necklaces were "just right" if I doubled them up.  But how?  I first used a safety pin.  Worked great!  At least at first.  BUT, the edges of the pin started scratching my neck, and the beading wire moved down into the grooves of the safety pin, so it was difficult to take off.

Then I thought about maybe a short ribbon, that snapped together.  That would have worked fine, but I found my beading stuff first, and decided to do it this way instead.  
This is going to work out fine!  If I wanted the necklaces to be a little adjustable, I could have made it instead with chain and a clasp, with each of those attached to a short piece of ribbon that would go around the necklace.
Here's how mine turned out.  Not bad, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment