Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Monday, February 16, 2015

More snowflakes!

The materials for making snowflakes are quite portable, and they are so fun to make, that I've made some more!  Four of them are the same (some of the ones I will be giving away), one is another repeat, but the others are new patterns.  So fun!

First, the four of a kind, with the chart found at http://stylowi.pl/15848121:


Next, I have 4 snowflakes from a Martha Stewart site :


The Martha Stewart site is sort of confusing, as it shows a picture of all the snowflakes, then has steps 1-5.  Step 1 is the overall directions of making, stiffening and pinning the snowflakes.  Steps 2-5 are instructions for the individual snowflakes, all mooched together in one paragraph.  I copied pasted onto a Word document and put spaces between the rows.  The "feather" flake was easy, but a pain to pin.  All of them were fairly easy patterns.

Then one I have to find the pattern for... Book, "Our Best Christmas Thread Crochet", #31...


Then the last one is from a site with seven snowflake patterns.   Mine is #7.  Super easy pattern, with a lot of loops, and you just pin it to get the angles.  I think it's pretty cute.  My changes to the pattern:  Instead of starting with a chain of 8 and then 18 dc (2sc counting as a dc), I did a 6 chain ring and did 12 dc in the chain. Then just do the next row "in the next stitch." Couldn't figure out what she meant by skip the next space...


No comments:

Post a Comment