Australian Cruise

Australian Cruise
Our first full day in Australia, 2012, on a Freemantle beach.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Snowflakes!

My, oh my!  Back in November, I was helping a friend who wanted to learn how to crochet an easy snowflake, and I decided I wanted some more snowflakes myself!  They are so pretty, and take very little time to do, at least compared with a 'normal' project. (Like my sweater I've been working on for over a year that only needs 1 1/2 sleeves and then it will be done. That's next on my to-do list.)

After I made just a few, I first decided I wanted 100 snowflakes, so I could display them on my front two windows, but realized that 100 would probably make it so I couldn't see out very well. :-)   Fifty seemed more reasonable! 

I started out with a few free patterns online, then made about 10 from the Christmas crochet book I have, then got the rest of the patterns online.  I will try to find the links to as many as I can!

First of all, here are all 50 snowflakes!
50 snowflakes, made between November 2014 and February 2015.

Whew!  It was fun, but am glad I'm done.  I am VERY sure I will be adding to this, but my to-do list is waiting....

Now for the individual snowflakes....  in groups!
(If you read this and the links aren't here, I am "in the process".  Couldn't do it all in one sitting.  Would have been a lot easier if I had done it one at a time, and not had to try to find the link later... I've loaned out my print-outs.  Plus, in my groupings, I duplicated two, and can't find all the patterns...)


1.  Sewemup Mesa Snowflake, large
2.  Book, "Our Best Christmas Thread Crochet", #34.
3.
4.  San Luis Peak snowflake


5.  Vintage Blazing Star Motif; Really interesting construction.
6.  Fiocco di neve
7.  Conundrum Peak Snowflake
8.  Spindrift 1


 9.   2010 Snowflake,  I had to rewrite a good portion of the pattern.
10. 
11.  Blue River Snowflake
12.  Dainty Snowflake


13.  A Snowflake for Marikamum      
14.  Sam's Garden Snowflake, by Orb Weaver  Unique design. A few things were tricky to understand. On rd 3, "dc in top of half of next dc" it means the LAST dc on previous ch 6. On rd 4, "Working around" means skip that part of the snowflake and move to the next part. When she did "ch 1, sl st in top of last dc" I did a ch2 picot instead. Would have been easier with clearer directions.
15.  Book, "Our Best Christmas Thread Crochet", #33.
16.  Book, "Our Best Christmas Thread Crochet", #36.


17.  Snowflake Chart;  One of my favorites- best chart I used, made it quick and easy.
18.  Charmed Snowflake (without the bead)

19.  Yarnspirations Snowflake C (Photo is C, Pattern is B)
20.  Book, "Our Best Christmas Thread Crochet", #30.
21.  Yarnspirations Snowflake A (Photo is B, pattern is C)


22.  Snowflake 1
23.  Yarnspirations Snowflake A    
24.
25.  Stand Out Snowflake
26.  Chain Loop Snowflake
27.  Rosa Snowflake   I only did 3 clusters on each outside spoke

29.  Lion's Brand Snowflake   Make sure you note the corrections.
32.  Pretty Picot Snowflake    Made a few corrections/changes to pattern. Round 2: Should read 6 ch-4 loops, 6 picot loops (not 12 ch-4 loops) Round 5: Instead of "ch3, p, ch3", I did "ch4, p, ch4." At end, instead of "sl st around beg. ch 2", I did "sl st around 1st ch in beg ch3."
33.

36.
39.   Bicycle Spokes Snowflake   Made a few corrections/changes to pattern.  rd 4: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), *into same ch 3 space, work dc, ch 3, 2 dc into 3rd ch from hook, ch 5, sc into 5th ch from hook, ch 5, sl st into sc, ch 5, sl st into sc, ch 3, 2 dc into 3rd ch from hook, (dc, hdc) into space, sc into dc below, ch 8, skip hdc, sc into next dc; hdc into next ch 3 space, repeat from * around 5 times for a total of 6 spokes and 6 points, finishing with sl st into sc before starting ch 2 instead of hdc on final repeat; bind off. Weave in ends.
43.


44.
45.
46.  Oops! This duplicates #17.
47.  Snowflake garland; One of my favorites, and whips up quick!
48.  Book, "Our Best Christmas Thread Crochet", #31.
50.  Oops! This duplicates #20.

The real number 46 (on left):
46.  White Snowflake Christmas Ornament 2
The real number 50 (on right): 
50.  Oro Snowflake   I did 4 ch loops instead of 3 ch loops on 2nd row.

Ones I know I made but missed the picture somehow:
  







No comments:

Post a Comment